We’re happy to announce we’ve received a “One Lovely Blog Award” from one of our faithful followers, lazyhippiemama. Her fun, insightful posts are about “One Woman’s attempt to save the earth, promote world peace and raise productive citizens without expending too much effort.” Check her out!
A condition of accepting this award is that we must tell you seven things about us that you probably don’t already know. So here goes:
1) My favorite musical groups are Styx, The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, in that order. John also loves The Eagles – which is one of the things that brought us together when he saw me singing and jammin’ to “One of These Nights.”
2) In 1997-98, I suffered from severe anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. At my lowest, I weighed 83 pounds. Once (only once), I spent a night throwing up after drinking an entire bottle of syrup of ipecac.
3) When John was fifteen, he memorized the Sermon on the Mount and recited it in front of the congregation at his church. His mother thought for sure he’d grow up to be a preacher.
4) I have a beautiful 15-year-old daughter who makes the honor roll every semester, sings in the church choir, plays the viola, takes my yoga classes – and still somehow finds time for a social life.
5) John is an Eagle Scout. He says “was.” I asked: “Once you’re an Eagle Scout, aren’t you always an Eagle Scout?” He said, “I don’t know.” Okay, I say he’s an Eagle Scout.
6) In 1995, I swam with dolphins at a resort on the Big Island of Hawaii. It was an awesome experience!
7) My first husband and I were members of a nudist resort in Virginia called White Tail Park (now White Tail Resort). We even had a permanent camp site where we kept our camper set up year-round. Fun times! There’s nothing like swimming and walking around outside in the nude.
And we’re pleased to pass this award along (another condition of acceptance) to the following blogs that we enjoy:
Shanti Shift Yoga – Peaceful transitions, on the mat and in life.
Only Yes – Co-founder of the Community of Solitude, Brother Leo is an urban monk, married and father of two boys. He blogs frequently on the intersection of psychology, neuroscience, monasticism…and life.
Graces of Discipline – Susi Robinson Rutz writes on the topic of Spiritual Direction.
Exceptionally Ordinary, One Day at a Time – Quina Baterna is a Freshman at the Ateneo de Manila University. She’s a new blogger whose interests include sleeping, reading, eating, praising God, having random adventures, trying out new things, and blogging about them.